1) Card and bank transfer are the forms of payment accepted at Miss Zoe’s School of Dance.
2) Weekly fees are to be paid at the beginning of class to a Miss Zoe’s staff member. Students will not be allowed to participate if fees are unpaid.
3) Term Fees are to be paid by Week 3 of class. If fees are not paid by this time you will receive a reminder text or email. If they are not fixed up by the following week, class participation is not allowed.
4) Private Lesson students are by term payments only
5) Students will be informed with plenty of notice when the fees for performances/rehearsals are due (normally only twice a year). These are to be paid via card or bank transfer like the other payments.
1) Miss Zoe’s School of Dance reserves the right to administer first aid when necessary on children/students under our duty of care. All class teachers have their current First Aid Certificate. If you do not consent to us performing first aid when you are not present you must tell us on registering.
2) All teachers over the age of 18 years have their Working With Children Check.
3) Each child under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult to and from class – students are not to go out the front of the premises without an adult.
4) Miss Zoe’s School of Dance is NOT responsible for your child’s safety before or after their scheduled class time.
5) Each student must always be marked on the roll for both safety and insurance purposes.
6) Parents are not permitted to place videos or photographs of Miss Zoe’s students or choreography in the public domain (ie Facebook, Instagram, etc) without express permission from Miss Zoe’s School of Dance.
7) Social Media – Miss Zoe’s School of Dance does not permit students and teachers to be “Friends” or similar on any social media sites unless a previous relationship is in place (ie. family or long term friend).
8) No smoking on the premises.
9) Please follow alll rules that Kiama Highschool may have and be sure to respect their premises
1) Parents may stay and watch the Preschool Fun Class only. There will be a viewing week at the end of Terms 1 and 3 (provided that current COVID restrictions allow this).
2) Photos will be taken at various times during the year in class and at performances. Please inform Miss Zoe if you do not give permission for photos of your child to be placed on Miss Zoe’s School of Dance website (please see Photo Release Form).
3) Students are to pay attention in class; listen carefully to instructions; and keep talking to a minimum.
4) There is to be no physical or verbal bullying of any kind.
5) Each student must always inform Miss Zoe of any injuries, for example a sore ankle.
6) Clothing to be comfortable and easy to move in (no loose pants for ballet please); and for hair to be neatly off the face.
7) Chewing gum is not permitted.
8) There is to be no eating in the studios, only water is permitted.
9) You must bring a water bottle to class.
10) Students are not permitted to touch the mirrors under any circumstance.
11) Miss Zoe’s School of Dance takes no responsibility for any lost or stolen property that may occur at our premises – please ensure you only bring necessary items to classes.
Commitment to Performances/Rehearsals:
1) Students must attend 70% of classes/term if they wish to perform (if this cannot be met and you want to perform you must have a private class to catch up).
2) All classes perform at a mid year performance in June and end of year performance (along with a rehearsal) in December. You will be given the dates and information very early in the year. You must inform Miss Zoe ASAP if you do not wish to/cannot perform. You may still attend classes if you cannot perform.
3) If you pull out of a commitment financial penalties may apply.
4) At Miss Zoe’s School of Dance WE DO NOT HAVE EXPENSIVE COSTUMES, rather we charge a small hire fee (non applicable if you pay by the term) for costumes that students borrow and return after performances. You will need your own basics in addition to what we supply – such as dance shoes, tights, leggings, leotards, etc – you will be informed of exact requirements close to performance times.
COVID-19 safety policies:
1) Students are asked NOT to attend class if they have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath). Similarly, staff will not be teaching if they have any of the above symptoms.
2) All students must sign in using the QR Code displayed at the premise (please note the Service NSW app is needed to sign in and out). If you do not have a smart phone you must sign in manually using the sheet provided.
3) Numbers in classes are limited due to NSW Government COVID restrictions.
4) To prevent large groups of students & parents waiting during the start/end of classes, we ask that students arrive no earlier than a few minutes before their class starts. Similarly, please pick up your child as soon as their class is over. Where possible, wait in your car.
5) There will be a maximum of 3 people in the waiting room at any time (including staff). The waiting room will not be open to sit & wait during classes.
6) Entry & exit points: Dancespace - enter through main door & exit through other classroom. Old gym - Enter & exit through inside/canteen door.
7) Everyone entering the studios MUST wash or sanitise their hands before/after/in between classes. Students who do not follow these rules cannot participate in class.
8) Social distancing of 1.5m & 2m2 per person must be adhered to at all times (we have placed markers to ensure that everyone stays apart and have strict numbers allowed in our spaces to ensure we do not go over capacity).
9) Student’s belongings will need to be spread out to ensure that social distancing is adhered to during drink breaks. Please ensure they are still placed at the edge of the room so they aren’t a trip hazard.
10) We strongly encourage students to clean any belongings that are brought into the studios before & after class. Teachers will be doing this.
11) We have implemented a stricter cleaning schedule in which teachers will clean frequently touched surfaces between each class when possible, and at least once a day.
12) Infrequently touched areas (floor, walls, mirrors, etc.) will continue to be cleaned by the school.
13) Parents/caregivers will not be allowed into the studios, except ONE PERSON PER STUDENT in our Preschool Fun Classes.
14) Students are asked to provide their own equipment during this time (e.g. ribbons for Preschool Fun Class, gym/yoga mat for fitness classes).